Organized by the Foundation for Safeguarding of the Cultural Heritage of Rabat, in collaboration with the Ministry Of Youth Culture And Sports and the Wilaya of Rabat-Sale-Kenitra Region, this meeting brought together 13 international and national experts from various disciplines relating to restoration-conservation. The speakers shared their thoughts on the normative framework of restoration, the evolution of techniques and the development of new professions related to conservation. The event, which was attended by some 120 personalities, was broadcast live in several cities in Morocco, at the request of many heritage conservation officials, which testifies to the interest aroused by this subject.
Following this meeting, seven recommendations emerged:
- The development of a national charter for the restoration of built heritage
- The establishment of a qualification system for stakeholders in this field
- Strengthening training centers dedicated to restoration professions
- The need for a multidisciplinary approach to any reflection or restoration action
- The integration of traditional know-how skills
- The establishment of a “health book” for listed or classified properties to ensure the traceability of heritage interventions
- The digitalization of sites and buildings with high added value.